Without cycling at the Winter Olympics, we can’t root for this guy.
So, during the Winter Olympics I have focused less on the athletes and more on the announcers. Here’s my top 5:
5. DOC EMRICK – Hockey. Literally the best “Scores” call ever. http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/usa-downs-czech-republic-5-2
4. CHRISTIN COOPER – Women’s Alpine Skiing. The best true analyst at the games, who cares if she got after Brodie a little bit. The only shame is that it’s over-shadowed her top work next to Dan Hicks. http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/mikaela-shiffrin-finishes-5th-giant-slalom?ctx=olympic-journey
3. JOHNNY WEIR/TARA LIPINSKI – Figure Skating. T Hammond, Hamilton, and Sandra have that 50+ vibe nailed, but Weir/Lipinski are repping the new gen. Depsite my lack of skating knowledge these two make it fun for me. http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/johnny-weir-previews-week-ahead-figure-skating
2. LEWIS JOHNSON – Bobsled. He’s the sideline guy and he’s known for track and field, but the guy is doing a great job. He’s got 3 criers, and two of the trending clips in this games with the “dancer” and “Jamaican Bobsled”.
1. CHAD SALMELA – Nordic Skiing. The man, the myth, the legend. Some folks say the “Gus Johnson” over the top style is not for them. I am not in that camp, the more energy the better. http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/chad-salmela-most-emphatic-cross-country-calls
Shaun Radley – The Cycling House VP of Operations