HED’s newest GT3 will be available in the coming months. It stands for the “Grand Tour 3.” There are a lot of cool things about this wheel but let me know break it down to a few fun facts.
- I asked HED if we could sell this wheel and they said they didn’t have any because they had a huge shipment going out to a Pro Tour Team got immediate use. This team is not sponsored by HED officially. (cool)
- 26.5mm wide rim. This was a much needed move. The H3 was 19mm wide and desperately needed to be updated to meet HED’s wider = equals better mantra.
- 46.5mm deep rim compared to 54mm H3, a little shallower to increase it’s versatility in different conditions. HED is building on the idea that road racers loved that the HED H3 was their tt wheel when they didn’t know what to use.
- Valve hole is now traditional from the top of the rim instead of the side (super nice change). Tubular front only for now.
46mm Carbon Clincher, comes with skewers, brake pads, and rim strips. It’s a Powertap G3 hub laced to a Reynolds Rim. Brand new wheelset.
Sale Price $1600
Regular Price $2200
Email to order
Brendan Halpin, Camp Director, will be at every Montana Camp this summer. Pictured here sporting the traditional Tour de Montana tank.
More details to come on http://www.thecyclinghouse.com, but I’m too excited not to leak a couple details….
Whitefish Mountain Bike Camp – June 24-29 & August 24-29
- A week of riding in the new hot spot for trail. This trip has something for the hardcores and then a non riding option for bringing family and friends to check out Glacier National Park and Whitefish Mountain.
Tour de Montana – July 14-20 & July 23-29
- Our week long camping trip that literally brings the best of Western Montana together for spectacular scenery and even better company. Big Sky Brewery and Le Petit Outre are supporting the tours, which means fabulous brew and bakery treats.
Glacier Loop – September 2-8 & September 17-23
- We are combining our favorite Montana ride with Going to the Sun Road and creating the best cycling and hiking we can find. This is a tour but lodging will be indoors and meals will be at restaurants. TCH is super excited for this trip.